Lorum Old Rectory
Photos Lorum Old Rectory
- central heating
- credit cards accepted
- garden available
- no smoking
- private parking available
- tea coffee facilities
- telephone in room
- vegetarians catered for
- celtic monument nearby
- fishing nearby
- forest nearby
- golfing nearby
- horseriding nearby
- scenic beauty spot nearby
Lorum is a place where guests quickly become friends of the family. Built in 1863 of local cut granite, the Rectory sits at the foot of Mount Leinster in the historic Barrow Valley.
Lorum is renowned for its home-baked breads and treats and its imaginative home cooking, using home-grown and local organic produce wherever possible. Bobbie is a member of Euro-Toques (the European Community of Cooks.)
It is an ideal base for exploring Carlow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Waterford, Kildare and Wicklow all within easy reach for a day trip, It is also possible to go by train from Bagenalstown to Dublin or Waterford.
The nearby internationally acclaimed gardens of Altamont, Kilfane, Woodstock and the John F. Kennedy Arboretum are well worth a visit.
There is golf at Mount Juliet, Mount Wolsley, Borris Carlow and many more. Guests may walk, fish or cycle along the river Barrow, which flows through unspoilt countryside and pretty villages. For the less energetic, you may play croquet at Lorum or sit in the garden to enjoy the views of the Blackstairs Mountains and the Barrow Valley.
To get to Lorum Take the N9 from Dublin to Royal Oak (south of Carlow), turn left into Bagenalstown, and right in village for 6km (4miles).
B&B rate per person sharing : € 75
B&B rate single person : € 95
Contact the owner / manager for actual prices.
Location Lorum Old Rectory in Bagenalstown
Zoom out to see accommodation nearby or open a large map.
- Racey Byrnes
Rates from € 30 pps (9.23 miles)
- Ballyderrin House
Rates from € 35 pps (12.41 miles)
- The folly
Rates from € 35 pps (13.2 miles)
- Springhill Court Hotel
Rates from € 55 pps (13.21 miles)
- Kenmur House
Rates from € 35 pps (13.25 miles)
Map locations are approximate. Contact the premises for exact locations.
Use this contact form to send an email directly to the owner of Lorum Old Rectory. You receive a copy of this email too.
Please mention 'Guide to Ireland' when phoning!
Book direct with owners
Plan your holiday to Ireland on Guide to Ireland without booking fees. We have many properties listed to choose from in all regions in Ireland and Northern Ireland. Accommodation is added and updated every week.
How to sign-up your accommodation ?
- It couldn't be easier to sign-up with us. You can sign-up on your mobile phone, tablet, laptop and pc. Simply complete our quick and easy registration form and you could be taking bookings tomorrow.
Free setup service
- Too busy to get it done yourself ? We now offer a inputting service to get your listing(s) set up and running for you. If you'd like to take us up on this offer please use this form. We also offer a discount on listing multiple properties.
- If you need any advertising advice, or have questions about the services we offer, please contact us and we'd be delighted to help.