Driftwood Country B&B/Hostel
Photos Driftwood Country B&B/Hostel
- central heating
- children accepted
- cooking facilities
- gardens available
- internet access available
- pets welcome with prior arrangement
- private parking available
- tea / coffee making facilities
- towels provided, free or for hire
- washer / dryer
- wifi available
- beach nearby
- canoeing and kayaking nearby
- cycle hire / cycling / mountain biking nearby
- diving nearby
- ideal touring base
- sailing nearby
Driftwood Hostel is located 5 km/3 miles from the lively West Cork town of Skibbereen and about 10km /6 miles from the closest point to the sea; which makes it an ideal base to tour West Cork and Kerry.
You can walk to Skibbereen in 45 minutes and guests are welcome to use 2 bikes that we keep on site.
We offer Bed & Breakfast accommodation at 27 euro per person sharing.
We also offer selfcatering accommodation from 40 euro/room.
We have a kitchen for guest use should you choose the later option.
When in service you are welcome to use our hot tub for a small charge 5 euro/person for running costs.
We are located in a peaceful rural setting, our garden is for everyone to relax in and we welcome guests to enjoy their surroundings.
Guests with dogs are welcome, once their pets are supervised. We have a shed in the garden to accommodate pets for a good nights rest.
You are a 10 min. drive from stunning nature reserve Lough Ine (Europe’s largest saltwater lake) or 20/30 minutes from the coastal villages of Baltimore, Glandore, Schull & Bantry.
If you venture a little further you will find the villages of Goleen & Crookhaven, Mizen Head (Ireland’s most southerly point) and Barleycove Beach, all accessable in 40-45 minutes.
The more adventurous can venture into Kerry and visit beautiful Kenmare or a little further Killarney National Park.
We will also be glad to help you find local activities you might enjoy such as: Cycling & Walking , Kayaking; Dolphin Watching; Deep Sea Angling or River/Lake Fishing; Arts, Crafts & Music.
There is plenty to do and explore locally and during the Spring and Summer season West Cork offers lots of festivals around the small towns and villages.
We have lived in the West Cork area for the past 25 years and have explored the area extensively and will be happy to point you to the most beautiful spots.
After exploring for the day you can relax in our hot tub in the garden.
B&B rate per person sharing : € 27
B&B rate single person : € 30
Contact the owner / manager for actual prices.
Location Driftwood Country B&B/Hostel in Skibbereen
Zoom out to see accommodation nearby or open a large map.
- Sandycove House
Rates from € 35 pps (6.44 miles)
- Atlantic House B&B
Rates from € 30 pps (6.67 miles)
- The Castle B&B and self catering Cottages
Rates from € 45 pps (6.67 miles)
- Bru Na Pairce
Rates from € 35 pps (9.15 miles)
- Donemarkrise B&B
Rates from € 30 pps (9.94 miles)
Map locations are approximate. Contact the premises for exact locations.
Use this contact form to send an email directly to the owner of Driftwood Country B&B/Hostel. You receive a copy of this email too.
Please mention 'Guide to Ireland' when phoning!
Book direct with owners
Plan your holiday to Ireland on Guide to Ireland without booking fees. We have many properties listed to choose from in all regions in Ireland and Northern Ireland. Accommodation is added and updated every week.
How to sign-up your accommodation ?
- It couldn't be easier to sign-up with us. You can sign-up on your mobile phone, tablet, laptop and pc. Simply complete our quick and easy registration form and you could be taking bookings tomorrow.
Free setup service
- Too busy to get it done yourself ? We now offer a inputting service to get your listing(s) set up and running for you. If you'd like to take us up on this offer please use this form. We also offer a discount on listing multiple properties.
- If you need any advertising advice, or have questions about the services we offer, please contact us and we'd be delighted to help.