Ash Tree Barn
Photos Ash Tree Barn
- barbecue / grill
- central heating
- children accepted
- cooking facilities
- dvd player
- gardens available
- linen provided, free or for hire
- music system
- no smoking
- open fireplace
- pets welcome with prior arrangement
- private parking available
- tea / coffee making facilities
- towels provided, free or for hire
- washer / dryer
- welcome pack on arrival
- airport nearby
- beach nearby
- canoeing and kayaking nearby
- climbing nearby
- fishing nearby
- forest nearby
- golfing nearby
- hiking / walking route nearby
- horse riding nearby
- ideal touring base
- pub and shops nearby
- sailing nearby
- sea views
Ash Tree Barn is a luxury holiday rental in a truly breathtaking location near the townland of Dunany in County Louth. The two-storey barn (built in 1892) is set amongst 23 acres of farmland and gardens with majestic views over the Irish Sea towards the seaside village of Clogherhead. Animals kept on the farm include prize-winning alpacas and pedigree miniature donkeys. Stables and grazing are available at no extra charge for horse owners.The Irish sea (and an almost deserted beach) is only a 5 minute walk away, whilst the beautiful blue flag beach at Port is less than 5 minutes away by car. In the barn itself, the 75ft long living area is at first-floor level, taking maximum advantage of the views. On the ground floor there are 3 double bedrooms (one of which is en-suite) and one twin, plus a family shower room. A double sofa bed in the living quarters can extend the sleeping capacity to 10. The ground floor has a thermostatically-controlled underfloor heating system, whilst the living area has a powerful 16kw multi-fuel burning stove and occasional electric oil-filled radiators. The barn is situated next door to Dunany House Cross-Country Course and Equestrian Centre. In addition to Dundalk and Drogheda (2 of Ireland's largest towns) the picturesque village of Carlingford is only a 40 minute drive away. It serves as a major tourist destination and the Adventure Centre includes activities such as Zorbing, Laser Combat, Orienteering, Climbing and Abseiling, Archery, Sailing, Raft building, Pier jumping, Windsurfing and Canoeing. It also boasts excellent pubs, restaurants and antique shops. A warm welcome awaits you in the 'wee' county of Louth - Ireland's smallest county!
Contact the owner / manager for actual prices.
Location Ash Tree Barn in Dunany
Zoom out to see accommodation nearby or open a large map.
- Thatchers Rest Cottage
Rates from € 2500 per week (11.25 miles)
- McEvoy Cottage
Rates from € 350 per week (12.4 miles)
- Glenmore Cottage
Rates from € 300 per week (12.82 miles)
- Slane Farm Hostel and Cottages
Rates from € 140 per week (17.96 miles)
Map locations are approximate. Contact the premises for exact locations.
Use this contact form to send an email directly to the owner of Ash Tree Barn. You receive a copy of this email too.
Please mention 'Guide to Ireland' when phoning!
Book direct with owners
Plan your holiday to Ireland on Guide to Ireland without booking fees. We have many properties listed to choose from in all regions in Ireland and Northern Ireland. Accommodation is added and updated every week.
How to sign-up your accommodation ?
- It couldn't be easier to sign-up with us. You can sign-up on your mobile phone, tablet, laptop and pc. Simply complete our quick and easy registration form and you could be taking bookings tomorrow.
Free setup service
- Too busy to get it done yourself ? We now offer a inputting service to get your listing(s) set up and running for you. If you'd like to take us up on this offer please use this form. We also offer a discount on listing multiple properties.
- If you need any advertising advice, or have questions about the services we offer, please contact us and we'd be delighted to help.