Tory Bush Cottages
Photos Tory Bush Cottages
- barbecue / grill
- central heating
- children accepted
- cooking facilities
- cot and highchair
- credit cards accepted
- dvd player
- gardens available
- internet access available
- linen provided, free or for hire
- no smoking
- open fireplace
- pets welcome with prior arrangement
- private parking available
- tea / coffee making facilities
- towels provided, free or for hire
- washer / dryer
- wheelchair friendly
- wifi available
- beach nearby
- canoeing and kayaking nearby
- climbing nearby
- cycle hire / cycling / mountain biking nearby
- fishing nearby
- forest nearby
- golfing nearby
- hiking / walking route nearby
- horse riding nearby
- ideal touring base
- sailing nearby
Tory Bush Cottages are a group of self catering Holiday Cottages located beside Tollymore Forest Park, overlooking the Mourne Mountains in County Down, Northern Ireland, just 4.5 mile outside the seaside resort of Newcastle. They are an ideal base for exploring the local area on foot or by bicycle and indeed as a touring base for the rest of Northern Ireland
Tory Bush has 9 self-catering cottages built in the ‘Clachan’ style, of traditional appearance with white-washed walls and slate roofs set in extensive mature gardens, all with fantastic views of the Mountains. The cottages are managed on strong environmental principles with 95% of the energy used coming from renewable sources and have been awarded a Silver Grade in from the Green Business Tourism Scheme.
The most recent addition at Tory Bush Cottages, the Eco-Loft, is a one bedroom apartment, so called because of the many environmentally friendly features and building techniques used in it construction. These include, sheep’s wool wall insulation, a natural, sustainable locally produced alternative to fibreglass, - solar thermal panels, used to heat water, - central heating fuelled by wood pellet, supplemented by a little log stove, and one third of the electricity is from our own Photovoltaic Panels and the remainder from a Renewable energy supplier.
The Loft is very spacious, with a large an open plan living-room/kitchen leading out on to a balcony, which allows guests to sit out and have breakfast overlooking the mountains or enjoy the warmth of the setting sun to the West of the balcony.
The kitchen contains a washing machine, dishwasher, fridge-freezer; coffee percolator etc., in the living area there is a sofa, coffee table, television, Blu-ray player and satellite box. The bedroom contains a double bed; opposite is the bathroom, with a bath, separate shower and a wash- basin.
The Eco-loft is accessed by 15 stone steps at the gable of the Reception building with car parking immediately at the foot of the steps. It is very private and quiet with fantastic views of the mountains, fully Wi-Fi enabled, as one recent guest put it, “A real Gem, great views, wonderful place to get away from it all”
Contact the owner / manager for actual prices.
Location Tory Bush Cottages in Mourne Mountains
Zoom out to see accommodation nearby or open a large map.
- Glenmore Cottage
Rates from € 300 per week (16.45 miles)
Map locations are approximate. Contact the premises for exact locations.
Use this contact form to send an email directly to the owner of Tory Bush Cottages. You receive a copy of this email too.
Please mention 'Guide to Ireland' when phoning!
Book direct with owners
Plan your holiday to Ireland on Guide to Ireland without booking fees. We have many properties listed to choose from in all regions in Ireland and Northern Ireland. Accommodation is added and updated every week.
How to sign-up your accommodation ?
- It couldn't be easier to sign-up with us. You can sign-up on your mobile phone, tablet, laptop and pc. Simply complete our quick and easy registration form and you could be taking bookings tomorrow.
Free setup service
- Too busy to get it done yourself ? We now offer a inputting service to get your listing(s) set up and running for you. If you'd like to take us up on this offer please use this form. We also offer a discount on listing multiple properties.
- If you need any advertising advice, or have questions about the services we offer, please contact us and we'd be delighted to help.